CIS is seeking Aurora high school students and local college students to work in our after-school programs.
Programs run Monday – Thursday starting the week of September 17, 2018, at various elementary and middle schools in Aurora.
To be eligible for youth employment:
- You must be a student enrolled in an Aurora High School, and,
- You must be a minimum of 16 years old and able to show proof of your age, and,
- You must be legally qualified to work in the United States (U.S. citizen; lawful permanent resident alien, alien authorized to work), and provide qualifying documentation (Social Security Card, Permanent Resident or Alien Registration)
- You must be a student in Good Standing (with weekly eligibility), and,
- You must complete the application and have the “Teacher Referral” form completed by an academic teacher, (High School students only)
Must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children, and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the after school program and philosophy.
- Desire and ability to work with children of elementary school age to enhance the healthy emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of children enrolled in the after school program.
- Ability to collaborate with peers.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance from supervisor.
- Desire to teach or assist in teaching activities to students.
- Good character, integrity, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
If questions, please contact Kevin Shoemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-692-9524.